Sign in to follow this  
frenchie1001

What sub forums would you like to see?

hey guys, between reading the feedback thread, having seen the site die more or less and seeing as that has nothing to do with the sub forums or the classifieds i am thinking Loz should add more! judging from all the hate on both these things we no Loz LOVES to listen to feed back.

what would you like to see?

Edited by frenchie1001

I think a sub forum on stamp collecting would be a good addition.

Peeling fruit & veg. Specifically, I'd like to know how to peel an apple or potato in one continuous motion without breaking the peel.

?? not sure if serious ??

If people are really keen to have an active part in the development of the site, then please put up your hands to help out.

the KEY things we are looking for are people to handle event coverage and run events in different areas...

...3 years ago we never had to ask, because people just wanted to do it for the community- but now with facebook everyone can have their own little silvia groups and there isn't that strong central silvia community feel anymore...

...if anyone wants to pick up the rains and be proactive, help us develop the site and steer it in the right direct instead of jumping on "loz fix it" bandwagon i would love the help!

(this is a community, it's not just my site that you guys come to.... the new classifieds supports and pays for the hosting of this place, so unless someone has 2 decent managed webservers to donate inc. bandwidth, unfortuantely that cannot change - though obviously we are always trying to better and improve it! )

its not siliva central any more though with the 84 model specific forums and sub forums in forums in sub forums.

i dont think facebook is to blame, i spend way more time on forums for car stuff than face book. facebook is where people try and sell ikeya castor bars for 500 + postage. i personally think when the classified changed to the current gay set up people start looking at other ways to sell there shit. couple that with spilting ns.com in the "hardtuned" network people gave up.

Edited by frenchie1001

Loz I remember during the whole change phase and how pretty much majority of ppl voiced their opinions etc particularly in regards to the classifieds but it still went ahead anyway so what's different this time ??!!

Edited by maiky-s15R

i put forward a sub forum on that stupid gold car, so i dont have to look at it everytime i come onto this site.

yo dawg. i heard you like subforums in yo subforums so yo can subforum in yo subforum while your in a forum

a few guys (myself included) have mentioned condensing some of them more than a few times all of which fallen on deaf ears.

i love ns as ive been on here for ages. and i dont mind cleaning shit fights up and moderating. but its more enjoyable slamming my dick in a door. than getting stuff to change on here

^ Bingo.

The classifieds represented much more on this site. Loz you say it's a community site yet the communal voice is not respected and the site was tampered with to try make it appeal to a larger audience. It failed, plain & simple but now it appears as if you cling to it with stubborn pride. That may not be the case, but there is a distinct lack of communication about the direction the site is headed, the planned changes, etc. If this is a community site then the community that uses it should be kept informed, updated and even asked their opinion on proposed changes before change is implemented.

The whole saga with the classifieds basically left members losing faith & respect in the site, and perhaps that their opinion was not given any value. If the interests of the users of the site are dismissed for fancier looking classifieds on a new server hosted by another site then why would they bother helping out? Once bitten, twice shy. Telling members what they wanted instead of asking them has killed this site.

as somone who has been here for a long time

nissansilvia.com/hartuned = banner

tech forum

classifieds / advertisers forums (break those up if you have to divide)

general car chat

members rides

events / event photos

off topic

and nothing else

done

?? im not a website guy and its a free site so do as you will you built it

i will have some discussions with the other parties involved in the management of the site and see where we can head from here.

Also:

If there are any programmers / database people with PHP/MYSQL experience out there that would like to give us a hand with stuff that would be greatly appreciated!

Create a 4wd/offroad section under Lifestyle.

Leaving the one under Tech also, having both.

Or can rid all the crap and go back to just nissansilvia.com cause if ever own any other make than Nissan ill find way more info elsewhere.

Happy to help in any way, just don't have any skills.

Ill be in charge of adding sun forums that don't get any traffic anyway!

Less sub forums is better, most have taken a massive hit so a cull would help.

Some i tottaly forget even exist, like the Drift thread haha!

pikaswag.jpg

Cars

Off Topic

Classifieds

NSFW

/thread.

Id be curious to see the average site ''visits'' before and after and even to this date when the new classifieds went into place.I know you have heard it time and time again but my opinion is I know Loz has put some great things into motion with this community but I think it all started going down hill when these changes were made. I'm all for change for the better but I think this was a bad idea. Why try and fix something that was working and everyone was happy. Not taking a stab just my 2c. Back when I joined the community of ''Nissansilvia.com'' I was on here every single day, checking classifieds for goodies, checking peoples build threads to get great ideas with styling and modifying my s15 and gaining knowledge from some awesome tech heads in the tech section. I'm now lucky to visit the site once in a blue moon as I've lost the passion that I use to have coming here. I'm no genius but I believe that If you want your ''customers'' coming back, you have to give them what they want, and there is plenty of feedback been given with what the minority want.

i put forward a sub forum on that stupid gold car, so i dont have to look at it everytime i come onto this site.

You do realise that you can just access the site by using a different domain url and you will get a different banner image?

hardtuned.net/forums

ttuned.net/forums

etc

You do realise that you can just access the site by using a different domain url and you will get a different banner image?

hardtuned.net/forums

ttuned.net/forums

etc

didnt actually, never had anything other than ns book marked

Can we have a "going in circles" sub forum.......

Can we have a "going in circles" sub forum.......

There's enough threads about going in circles; pretty much anything to do with improving drifting in Australia.

On topic I couldn't find the right sub forum to post this as there's too many lol.

Off topic, first time ever using an android (long time iPhone pos user) and it's giving me the shits trying to push the small circle to the left of a topic so I can find the latest post in it.

Anyone else have this problem?

Was never an issue on previous iPhones and I have to go in, jump pages and flick to the bottom and read my way up constantly.

Regards

Im using a samsung galaxy phone now and dont have a prob anymore, but it used to drive me insane trying to push that little f**kn dot to see the latest replies on my old iphone

So your definetly not the only one, just I find it easier to do it on my new phone over my old Iphone pos

Might be just me then :(

Can not get it at all today and yesterday had a 10 or so percent success rate.

On iPhone I'd get it 95% of the time.

I can get used to not having clash of clans any more, but NS is the other main thing I frequent enough to annoy the missus when I'm using my phone lol

Yeah and by me saying its heaps better then before, I would still say its at best only a 80% success rate lol

Maybe my finger is just too fat :(

On another forum I saw a anonymous section where people could post a topic without revealing who posted the topic, always interesting